The Use of EXAFS in the Study of Polymeric Electrolytes
In conventional X-ray absorption experiments the absorption coefficient for any particular element varies smoothly with the energy/wavelength of the incident photon beam. When the beam energy is sufficiently high enough to overcome the binding energy of a core electron, a photoelectron will be ejected. The abrupt change in absorption of the incident beam is referred to as an absorption edge, and these features are superimposed on the smooth curve; thus, a K edge refers to the minimum energy required to eject a is electron and the closely spaced L edges refer to ejection of 2s and 2p electrons.
KeywordsPolymeric Electrolyte Solid State Ionic Polymeric Solid Electrolyte Polymeric Electrolyte Film EXAFS Study
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Stohr, EXAFS and. Surface EXAFS: Principles, Analysis and Applications, in “Emission and Scattering Techniques”, NATO ASI Series C. P. Day, ed., Reidel, p. 213 (1981).Google Scholar
- 2.C.R.A. Catlow, A.V. Chadwick, G.N. Greaves, L.M. Moroney and M.R. Worboys, An EXAFS Study of the Structure of Rubidium Polyethylene Oxide Salt Complexes, Solid State Ionics, 9/10: 1107 (1983).Google Scholar
- 3.A.V. Chadwick and M.R. Worboys, NMR, EXAFS and Radiotracer Techniques in the Characterization of Polymer Electrolytes, in “Polymer Electrolyte Reviews”, J.R. MacCallum and C.A. Vincent, eds., Elsevier Applied Science, London (1987).Google Scholar
- 4.R.J. Neat, A. Hooper, M.D. Glasse and R.G. Linford, Thermal History and Polymer Electrolyte Structure, Solid State Ionics, 18/19: 1088 (1986).Google Scholar
- 5.R.J. Neat, M.D. Glasse, R.G. Linford and A. Hooper, A Structural Model for the Interpretation of Composition Dependent Conductivity in Polymeric Solid Electrolytes, in: “Fast Ion and Mixed Conductors”, F.W. Poulsen et al., ed., Riso National Labs, Roskilde, p. 341 (1985).Google Scholar
- 6.C.A. Vincent, Polymer Electrolytes, Prog. Solid State Chem., 17:145 (1987).Google Scholar
- 7.K.C. Andrews, M. Cole, R.J. Latham, R.G. Linford, H.M. Williams and B.E. Dobson, EXAFS Studies of Divalent Polymeric Electrolytes: An Investigation of PEO4:CaI2 at Room Temperature, Solid State Ionics in press.Google Scholar
- 8.M. Cole, M.D. Glasse, R.G. Linford and M. Sheldon, to be submitted to J. Electrochem. Soc. Google Scholar