Parity and Time Reversal Symmetry Violation in Atoms and Molecules
The importance, beauty and wide applicability of symmetry principles in physics have long been appreciated. The fact that such principles are empirical statements whose validity requires experimental verification has only more recently been explicitly realized. This realization has stimulated a remarkably fruitful series of investigations into the fundamental symmetries of nature which continues today.
KeywordsElectric Dipole Moment Parity Violation Internal Magnetic Field Internal Electric Field Permanent Electric Dipole Moment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.L. Landau, Zh. Eksp i Teor Fix 32, 405 (1957).Google Scholar
- 9.Casella (Phys. Rev. Lett. 22, 1969) has argued that T violation is observed directly in the KO decay.Google Scholar
- 15.N.F. Ramsey, Molecular Beams, Oxford U.P. (1969).Google Scholar
- 18.Yu.B. Zel’dovich, JETP 9, 1389 (1959).Google Scholar
- 24.D. Wilkening, Ph.D. Thesis, Harvard University (1981) (unpublished).Google Scholar