Distribution systems—basic techniques and radial networks
- 979 Downloads
Over the past few decades distribution systems have received considerably less of the attention devoted to reliability modelling and evaluation than have generating systems. The main reasons for this are that generating stations are individually very capital intensive and that generation inadequacy can have widespread catastrophic consequences for both society and its environment. Consequently great emphasis has been placed on ensuring the adequacy and meeting the needs of this part of a power system.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Dixon, G. F. L., Hammersley, H., Reliability and its Cost on Distribution Systems. International Conference on Reliability of Power Supply Systems (1977), IEE Conference Publication No. 148.Google Scholar
- 2.Canadian Electrical Association, Distribution System Reliability Engineering Guide, CEA publication (March 1976).Google Scholar
- 3.Electricity Council, Reliability Engineering and Cost—Benefit Techniques for Use in Power System Planning and Design, Electricity Council Research Memorandum, ECR/M966 (October 1976).Google Scholar
- 4.IEEE Committee Report, ‘Bibliography on the application of probability methods in power system reliability evaluation’, IEEE Trans. on Power Apparatus and Systems, PAS-91 (1972), pp. 649–60.Google Scholar
- 5.IEEE Committee Report, ‘Bibliography on the application of probability methods in power system reliability evaluation, 1971–1977’, IEEE Trans. on Power Apparatus and Systems, PAS-97 (1978), pp. 2235–42.Google Scholar
- 8.Northcote-Green, J. E. D., Vismor, T. D., Brooks, C. L., Billinton, R., Integrated distribution system reliability evaluation: Part I—Current practices, CEA Engineering and Operating Division Meeting (March 1980).Google Scholar
- 9.Patton, A. D., ‘Probability distribution of transmission and distribution reliability performance indices’, Reliability Conference for the Electric Power Industry (1979), pp. 120–3.Google Scholar
- 10.Billinton, R., Wojczyuski, E., Rodych, V., ‘Probability distributions associated with distribution system reliability indices’, Reliability Conference for the Electric Power Industry (1980).Google Scholar
- 11.Billinton, R., Wojczynski, E., Godfrey, M., ‘Practical calculations of distribution system reliability indices and their probability distributions’, Trans. Canadian Electrical Association Paper 81-D-41 (1981).Google Scholar