On the Existence of Steady Motions of a Viscous Isothermal Fluid in a Pipe
We study the problem of existence of steady flows of compressible fluids filling a cylinder, subject to a compact support body force and prescribed flux ø. We are not able to prove existence of solutions which decay exponentially to zero for the original problem. However, we solve the problem by adding a control force f 1 with compact support.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Galdi, G.P. (1994), An Introduction to the Mathematical Theory of the Navier-Stokes Equations, Vol. I Linearized Stationary Problems, Springer Tracts in Natural PhilosophySpringer Tracts in Natural Philosophy 38, (Springer, Heidelberg).Google Scholar
- Gohberg, I.C. and M.G. Krein (1969), Introduction to the theory of linear non-selfadjoint operators. Transl, of Math. M. 18, (Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, Rhode Island).Google Scholar
- Kondrat’ev, V.A. (1967), Boundary value problems for elliptic equations in domains with conical or corner points, Trudy Moskov. Mat. Obshch., 16, 209–292. English Transi.: Trans. Moscow Math. Soc. 16. Google Scholar
- Nazarov, S.A. and B.A. Plamenevskii (1993), Elliptic boundary value problems in domains with piecewise smooth boundary, (Valter de Gruyter and Co., Berlin).Google Scholar
- Novotný, A. (1995), About the steady transport equation I − L p-approach in domains with sufficiently smooth boundaries, (to appear).Google Scholar
- Novotný, A., Padula, M. and P. Penel (1994), A remark on the well posedness of the problem of a steady flow of a viscous barotropic gas in a pipe, (submitted).Google Scholar
- Novotny, A., Padula, M. and P. Penel (1995), On the spatial decay for steady flows of a viscous barotropic gas in a straight channel, (forthcoming).Google Scholar
- Padula, M. (1993b), Mathematical properties of motions of viscous compressible fluids, in: G.P. Galdi, J. Malek and J. Necas (eds.), Progress in theoretical and computational fluid mechanics, Proc. Winter School, Paseky, Pittman Research Notes in Math. Series, 128-172.Google Scholar
- Padula, M. and K. Pileckas (1995), On the existence and asymptotic behavior of a steady flow of a viscous barotropic gas in a pipe, (forthcoming).Google Scholar
- Pileckas, K. (1994), Weighted L p-theory, uniform estimates and asymptotics for steady Stokes and Navier-Stokes equations in domains with noncompact boundaries, Preprint-Universität-Gesamthochschule-Paderborn. Google Scholar