Influence of Electrode Materials and Coverings on the Gaseous By-Products Generated by Air Corona Discharges
It is well known that, by electron / molecule collisions, corona discharges in atmospheric air produce reactive species which can be enumerated as followed: primary charged products which should mainly be O2 −, O− and OH− ions for the negatively charged species and N2 +, N+, O2 +, O+ ions for the positively charged species; neutral active products N, N2*, N*, O, O2*, O* and OH.
KeywordsMigration Dioxide Hydrate Ozone Polyethylene
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. Foulon-Belkacemi, M.P. Panaget, M. Goldman, A. Goldman, Cinétique des phénomènes de dégradation d’un isolant soumis à des décharges couronnes filamentaires, to be published in Journal de Physique (1993).Google Scholar
- 2.V. Sobek, A. Goldman, M. Goldman, S. Bureau, S. Bouquet, C. Fiaud, Experimental simulation of atmospheric corrosion by use of a corona discharge, 4th International Symposium of High Pressure and Low Temperature Plasma Chemistry, Hakone IV, Slovakia (1993).Google Scholar
- 3.M. Morvova, M. Kurdel, I. Morva, The plasmachemical and electrocatalytical effects of corona discharge of both polarities on CO and CO2 mixtures with air for various materials of electrodes, 4th International Symposium of High Pressure and Low Temperature Plasma Chemistry, Hakone TV, Slovakia (1993).Google Scholar
- 6.N. Foulon-Belkacemi, M. Goldman, A. Goldman, H. Dejean, J. Amouroux, The mechanism of degradation of polymers under corona streamers: relative humidity influence, IEE Internatinal Conference of Partial Discharges. (1993).Google Scholar
- 8.J.P. Borra, A. Goldman, M. Goldman, D. Boulaud, Generation of condensation nuclei by dc electrical discharges in point-to-plane configuration, to be published in Journal of Aerosol Science (Juin 1994).Google Scholar
- 9.J.S. Chang, Energetic electron induced plasma processes for reduction of acid and greenhouse gases in combustion flue gas, Non Thermal Plasma Techniques for Pollution Control NATO ASI Series, Vol.G34, Part A (1993).Google Scholar
- 10.J. Amouroux, J.L. Brisset, A. Doubla, A. Goldman, M. Goldman, Acid-base properties and reactivity towards surfaces of the gaseous uncharged activated species created in a DC corona discharge, International Symposium of plasma chemistry n°8, DVII-02, (1987).Google Scholar