Part of the Basic Life Sciences book series (BLSC, volume 60)
Validation of the Near-Infrared Interactance Method for Native Indian, Black, Hispanic and White Men 19 to 57 Years
The purpose of this study was to develop and cross-validate a generalized NIR model for prediction of percent body fat (%BF) of Native American, black, Hispanic and white men, 19 to 57 yr.
KeywordsBody Composition Residual Score Helium Dilution Estimate Body Composition Human Body Composition
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.H.L. Motley. Comparison of a simple helium closed method with oxygen circuit method for measuring residual air, Am. Rev. Tuberc., 76: 601 (1957).Google Scholar
- 3.W.E. Siri, Body composition from fluid spaces and density: Analysis of method. in: “Techniques for Measuring Body Composition,” J. Brozek and A. Henschel, eds., Washington, DC: National Academy of Sciences: (1961).Google Scholar
- 6.V.H. Heyward, K.A. Jenkins, K.L. Cook, V.L. Hicks, J.A. Quatrochi, W.L. Wilson, and S.B. Going, Validity of single-site and multi-site models for estimating body composition of women using near-infrared interactance, Am. J. Hum Biol. (1992).Google Scholar
- 8.J.A. Houmard, R.G. Israel, M.R. McCammon, K.F. O’Brien, J. Orner, and B.S. Zamora, Validity of a near-infrared device for estimating body composition in a college football team, J. Appl. Sport Sci. Res., 5: 53 (1991).Google Scholar
- 10.K.P. Mclean, and J.S. Skinner, Validity of Futrex-5000 for body composition determination. Med. Sci. Sports. Exercise, 24: 253 (1992).Google Scholar
- 11.K.M. Wilmore, J.H. Wilmore, and P.J. McBride, Comparison of bioelectric impedance and near-infrared interactance for human body composition assessment, Med. Sci. Sports Exercise, 24: S6 (Abstract No. 35) (1992).Google Scholar
- 13.J.M. Conway, and K.H. Norris, Non-invasive body composition in humans by near infrared interactance, in “1986 Proceedings of an International Symposium ” K.J. Ellis, S. Yasumura, and W.D. Morgan, eds., New York, NY: (1986).Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 1993