The challenges involved in the provision of comprehensive primary care to children and their families have changed considerably. In addition to the “traditional” medical concerns, developmental, cognitive, and emotional issues must be addressed. As was stated at the outset, the purpose of this book is to address these changes by providing the practitioner with germane information and useful techniques.
KeywordsLearning Disability Additional Consideration Learn Disability Command Center Grade Retention
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Aylward, G. P, 1989, Child/adolescent depression. Guidelines for office management, in: Developmental-Behavioral Disorders, Volume 2 (M. I. Gottlieb and J. E. Williams, eds.), Plenum Press, New York, pp. 1–13.Google Scholar
- 4.Bernstein, G. A., 1990, Anxiety disorders, in: Psychiatric Disorders in Children and Adolescents (B. D. Garfinkel, G. A. Carlson, and E. B. Weiler, eds.), W. B. Saunders, Philadelphia, pp. 64–83.Google Scholar
- 6.Hutter, M. J., 1991, Office evaluation and management of family dysfunction, Adoles. Med. State Art Rev. 2:303–312.Google Scholar
- 14.Bess, F. H., and McConnell, F. E., 1981, Measurement of auditory function, in: Audiology, Education, and the Hearing Impaired Child, C. V Mosby, St. Louis.Google Scholar
- 15.Roizen, N., 1991, Neurosensory hearing loss, in: Developmental Disabilities in Infancy and Childhood (A. J. Capute and P J. Accardo, eds.), P. H. Brookes, Baltimore.Google Scholar
- 18.Kaminer, R. K., and Cohen, H. J., 1988, How do you say, “Your child is retarded?” Contemp. Pediatr. 5:36.Google Scholar
- 21.Casey, P. H., and Swanson, M., 1993, A pediatric perspective of developmental screening in 1993, Clin. Pediatr. 209-212.Google Scholar
- 26.Whelan, R. J., 1988, Special Education Procedural Due Process, The University of Kansas, Lawrence.Google Scholar
- 30.Shelton, T. L., 1993, To retain or not to retain: That is the question, ADHD Rep. 1:6–8.Google Scholar
- 34.Levine, M., 1990, Keeping a Head in School, Educators Publishing Service, Cambridge, MA.Google Scholar