Diffractive Production of Dijets at HERA: A Simple Model
In Albert de Roeck’s lectures we have heard about an object called pomeron, which appears in certain processes at HERA. This talk is about a simple model of this object and its application to a particular process. I will first give a short introduction to the pomeron and to the reaction I propose to study. Then I will describe the Landshoff-Nachtmann model, which gives a simple description of the pomeron in QCD. In the third part I will present some predictions of this model for diffractive production of dijets at HERA, in photoproduction or in deep inelastic scattering. In the case of photoproduction the results are rather peculiar.
KeywordsCond Nonin Derrick
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- P D B Collins, An Introduction to Regge Theory and High Energy Physics (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1977 ); for a shorter account see also: A D Martin and T D Spearman, Elementary Particle Theory ( North Holland, Amsterdam, 1970 )Google Scholar
- ZEUS Collaboration, M. Derrick et al., Phys. Lett. B315 (1993) 481; preprint DESY 94–063 (1994)Google Scholar
- T. Greenshaw (H1 Collaboration), talk given at the XXIXth Rencontres de Moriond, Méribel, France, March 1994, preprint DESY 94–112 (1994)Google Scholar
- P V Landshoff and Oachtmann, Z. Phys. C35 (1987) 405;Google Scholar
- A Donnachie and P V Landshoff, Nucl. Phys. B311 (1988/89) 509Google Scholar
- M Diehl, preprint DAMTP-94–60 (1994)Google Scholar
- M G Ryskin, Soy. J. Nucl. Phys. 52 (1990) 529;Google Scholar
- E Levin and M Wüsthoff, preprint DESY 92–166 (1992)Google Scholar
- N N Nikolaev and B G Zakharov, Z. Phys. C53 (1992) 331;Google Scholar