Characterization of CMOS Process Variations by Measuring Subthreshold Current
Analog integrated circuit performance depends on the matching characteristics of individual components; transistors, resistors or capacitors. For example, in a current mirror, two identically biased transistors that are designed to have the same geometry, are said to be matched if their drain currents are equal. Transistor mismatch is one of the more acute problems in the advancement of analog VLSI collective computational systems .
KeywordsPolysilicon Teme Mili
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- C. A. Mead: “Analog VLSI and Neural Systems”, Addison-Wesley Publishing Company,1989.Google Scholar
- Buehler M. G., Blaes B. R. Sayah H. R. and Lieneweg U.: “Parameter Distributions for Complex VLSI circuits”, Proceedings of the Decennial Caltech Conference on VLSI, MIT Press, March 1989.Google Scholar
- Lakshmukumar K. R., Hadaway R. A. and Copeland M. A.: “Characterization and Modeling of Mismatch in MOS Transistors for Precision Analog Design”, IEEE J. of Solid-State Circuits, Vol. SC-21, No. 6, Dec. 1986.Google Scholar
- Pelgrom M. J., Kuinmaijer A. C. J. and Welbers A. P. G.: “Matching Properties of MOS Transistors”, IEEE J. of Solid-State Circuits, Vol. SC-24, No. 5, Oct. 1989.Google Scholar
- Shyu J. B., Ternes G. C. and Krummenacher F.: “Random Error Effects in Matched MOS Capacitors and Current Sources”, IEEE J. of Solid-State Circuits, Vol. SC-19, No. 6, Dec. 1984.Google Scholar
- Gosney W. M.: “Subthreshold Drain Leakage Currents in MOS Field-Effect Transistors”, IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, Vol. ED-19, No. 2, Feb. 1972.Google Scholar
- Vittoz E.: “Micropower Techniques”, in Design of MOS VLSI Circuits for telecomunica-tions, Eds. Y. Tsividis, P. Antognetti, 1985., pp. 104-144.Google Scholar
- Pavasovic A: “Subthreshold Region MOSFET Mismatch Analysis and Modeling for Analog VLSI Systems”, Ph. D. dissertation, The Johns Hopkins University, 1990 (unpublished).Google Scholar
- Tanner J.: “Integrated Optical Motion Detection”, Ph. D. disertation, California Institute of Technology, 1986.Google Scholar