IRPA/INIRC Guidelines on Ultraviolet
In 1974, the International Radiation Protection Association (IRPA) formed a working group on non-ionizing radiation (NIR), which examined the question of protection against adverse health effects of exposure to ultraviolet radiation. At the 1977 IRPA Congress in Paris, this working group became the International Non-Ionizing Radiation Committee (IRPA/INIRC).
KeywordsQuartz Filtration Welding Mercury Attenuation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Hausser K.W., 1928, Influence of wavelength in radiation biology, Strahlentherapie, 28:25–44 (in German).Google Scholar
- Ham W.T. Jr., Mueller H.A., Ruffolo J.J. Jr., Guerry D. III and Guerry R.K., 1982, Action spectrum for retinal injury from near-ultraviolet radiation in the aphakic monkey, Amer. J. Ophthalmol., 93:229–306.Google Scholar
- IRPA, 1985, The International Non-Ionizing Radiation Committee of the International Radiation Protection Association: Guidelines on limits of exposure to ultraviolet radiation of wavelengths between 180 nm and 400 nm (Incoherent Optical Radiation) Health Physics 49:(2), 331–340.Google Scholar
- IRPA, 1989, Change to the IRPA 1985 Guidelines on Limits of Exposure to Ultraviolet Radiation, Health Physics, 56:(6), 971–972.Google Scholar
- McKinley, A.F., and Diffey, B.L., 1987, A reference action spectrum for ultraviolet induced erythema in human skin. Seminar on Human Exposure to Ultraviolet Radiation: Risks and Regulations, Amsterdam, 23–25 March 1987, ICS 744, (Edited by W. Passchier), Elsevier Science Publishers, Amsterdam.Google Scholar
- Pitts D.G., Cullen A.P. and Hacker P.D., 1977, Ocular Ultraviolet Effects from 295 nm to 400 nm in the Rabbit Eye, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Cincinatti, OH, Contract CDC-99-74-12, PHEW (NIOSH) Publication No. 77:175.Google Scholar
- Schmidt K., 1964, On the skin erythema effect of UV flashes, Strahlentherapie 124:127–136.Google Scholar
- Sliney D.H. and Wolbarsht M.L., 1980, Safety with Lasers and other Optical Sources, A comprehensive Handbook (New York: Plenum Press).Google Scholar
- UNEP, 1979, United Nations Environmental Programme/World Health Organization/International Radiation Protection Association, 1979, Environmental Health Criteria 14, Ultraviolet Radiation (Geneva: WHO).Google Scholar
- Urbach F., Epstein J.H. and Forbes P.D., 1974, UV carcinogenesis, pp. 259–283, in: Sunlight and Man (Edited by T.B. Fitzpatrick, M.A. Pathak, L.C. Harber, M. Seiji and A. Kutika) (Tokyo: University of Tokyo Press).Google Scholar
- Urbach F., and Gange, R.W. (eds.), 1986, The Biological Effects of UVA Radiation, Praeger Publications, New York.Google Scholar
- Van der Leun J.C. and Stoop T., 1969, in: The Biological Effects of UV Radiation (Edited by F. Urbach), pp. 251–254 (Oxford: Pergamon Press).Google Scholar