Information Systems Methodologies
For around four decades in this country we have been striving to produce efficient and effective computer-based information systems to serve the needs of organisations in all sectors of our economy. For the last two decades that search for improvements in information systems development (ISD) has looked to the use of methodologies as the most promising vehicle to deliver those improvements.
KeywordsSoft System Methodology Information System Development Promising Vehicle Technical Information System Mation System Development
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Checkland, P.B., and Scholes, J., 1990, Soft Systems Methodology in Action, John Wiley and Sons: Chichester.Google Scholar
- Davis, L., and Taylor, J., 1972 The Design of Jobs, Penguin Books, Harmondsworth.Google Scholar
- Kuhn, T. S., 1970, The Structure of Scientific Revolutions, University of Chicago Press: London.Google Scholar
- Mumford, E., 1983, Designing Human Systems, Manchester Business School: Manchester.Google Scholar
- Schon, D.A., 1983, The Reflective Practitioner: how professionals think in action, Basic books: New York.Google Scholar