Learner-Centred Evaluation of Systems, Systems Courses, and Future Needs in Systems Learning
More than 16000 students have learned about systems through supported open learning at the Open University over the last 25 years. This paper reports on a pilot project prompted by a simple question: how do the students and tutors (who are often also ex-students) benefit from systems? It also sought to reflect generally on systems as a discipline and its future development.
KeywordsSystem Learn System Thinking Distinct Discipline Active Learning Process Business Mathematic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ackoff, R., 1995, Redesigning the future: the new age, Systems Practice 8, 4.Google Scholar
- Capra, B., 1990, Mindwalk, Atlas Production Company, in association with Mindwalk Productions.Google Scholar
- Capra, F., 1982, The Turning Point: Science, Society and the Rising Culture, Wildwood House: London.Google Scholar
- Checkland, P. B., 1988, Images of systems and systems image, General Systems XXXI.Google Scholar
- Naughton, J., 1981, Theory and practice in systems research, Journal of Applied Systems Analysis 8.Google Scholar