A Discovery Trip to Compounds with PAF-Like Activity
As I had mentioned in the Second International Conference on PAF in Tennessee on 1986, PAF seems to belong to a family of lipid molecules, which despite their different origins, share similar biological activities1.
KeywordsPlatelet Aggregation Lipid Molecule Polar Head Group Induce Platelet Aggregation Aggregation Pathway
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Demopoulos, C.A. Second International Conference on Platelet-Activating Factor and Structurally Related Alkyl Ether Lipids, Tennessee, USA, Oct. 26–29, 1986.Google Scholar
- 3.Kritikou, L.G., Demopoulos, C.A., Moschidis, M.C., Siafaka, A. and Kapoulas, V.M. 5th Balkan Biochem. Biophys. Days, Thessaloniki, Greece, May 11–13, 1983.Google Scholar
- 4.Tournis, S., Demopoulos, C.A., S.afaka, A., Mavris, M., Tsangaris, G.Th., Tselepis, A. and Kapoulas, V.M. Second International Conference on Platelet-Activating Factor and Structurally Related Alkyl Ether Lipids, Tennessee, USA, Oct. 26–29, 1986.Google Scholar
- 6.Andrikopoulos, N.K., Siafaka-Kapadai, A., Yanovits-Argyriadis, N. and Demopoulos, C.A. Zeitschrift fur Naturforschung, Section B, 41: 396, 1986.Google Scholar
- 7.Satouchi, K., Pinckard, R.N., McManus, L.M. and Hanahan, D.J. J. Biol. Chem. 256: 4425, 1981.Google Scholar
- 8.Zanglis, A., Lianos, E.A. and Demopoulos, C.A. Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. in press, 1995.Google Scholar
- 9.Kritikou, L.G., Moschidis, M.C., Siafaka, A. and Demopoulos, C.A. Platelet- Activating Factor, INSERM Symposium No 23, Eds. Benveniste J. and Arnoux B., Elsevier Science Publishers B.V., 65, 1983.Google Scholar