Chemoenzymatic Synthesis of Water-Soluble Sugar-Branched Poly (Vinyl Alcohol)
It is important to develop biodegradable plastics by utilizing natural substances. Natural polysaccharides such as starch and cellulose are biomass existing abundantly on earth. Saccharide is a good source of organic raw material (Lichtenthaler, 1991). But many problems arise regarding thermolastic, moisture proof and compatibility properties when these polysaccharides are used as materials of plastics.
KeywordsBiomass Cellulose Sucrose Polysaccharide Pyridine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Carrea, G., Riva, S. and Secundo, F., 1989, Enzymatic synthesis of various T-O-sucrose and 1-O-fructose esters, J. Chem. Soc. Perkin Trans., 1057.Google Scholar
- Hiraguri, Y. and Tokiwa, Y., 1993, Synthesis of Copolymers composed of 2-methylene-1,3,6-trioxocane and vinyl monomers and their enzymatic degradation, J. Polym. Sci., 31:3159.Google Scholar
- Kitagawa, M., and Tokiwa, Y., 1997, Enzymatic synthesis of polymerizable sugar ester and its chemical polymerization, Carbohydr. Lett., in print.Google Scholar
- Kitazawa, S., Okumura, M., Kinomura, K., and Sakakibara, T., 1990, Synthesis and properties of novel vinyl monomers bearing a glycoside residue, Chem. Lett., 1733.Google Scholar
- Klibanov, A.M., 1986, Enzymes that work in organic solvents, Chem. Tech., 6:354.Google Scholar
- Lichtentaler, F.W., 1991, Carbohydrates as Organic Raw Materials, VCH, Weinheim.Google Scholar
- Riva, S., Chopineau, J., Kieboom, A.P.G. and Klibanov, A.M. 1988, Protease-catalyzed regioselective esterification of sugars and related compounds in anhydrous dimethylformamide, J. Am. Chem. Soc, 110, 584.Google Scholar
- Shibatani, S., Kitagawa, M, and Tokiwa, Y., 1997, Enzymatic synthesis of vinylsugar ester in dimethylformamide, Biotechnol. Lett., in print.Google Scholar
- Tokiwa, Y., 1997, Tapioca to the rescue, Look Japan, January.Google Scholar
- Ueda, T., and Tokiwa, Y., International symposium on biodegradable polymers, November 14, 1995, Tokyo, Japan, abstract p.79.Google Scholar
- Wang, Y-F., Lalonde J.J., Momongan, M, Bergbreiter, D.E., and Wong, C-H., 1988, Lipasecatalyzed irreversible transesterifications using enol esters as acylating reagents:preparative enantio-and regioselective syntheses of alcohols, glycerol derivatives, sugars, and organometallics, J. Am. Chem. Soc, 110:7200.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Wulff, G., Schmid, J. and Venhoff, T., 1991, On the preparation of polyvinylsugars, in: Carbohydrates as Organic Raw Materials, F.W. Lichtenthaler, ed. pp. 311. VCH, Weinheim.Google Scholar