Emission Characteristics of a New Class of Strongly Fluorscent Phenanthrene and Phenanthrene-Like Derivatives
Fluorescence quantum yield (ϕf) of some highly fluorescent phenanthrene and phenanthrene-like derivatives has been measured using diphenyl anthracene as reference in ethanol.
The experimental critical transfer distances, Ro, between some of these compounds and rhodamine 6G, 2,5-Distyryl pyrazine (DSP) and 1,4-Bis (β-Pyraidyl-2-Vinyl) Benzene (P2VB) laser dyes have been studied using steady state emission in isopropanol giving values in the range from 29.6 to 57.6 Å. The underlying mechanism of energy transfer is that of Förster type.
KeywordsExcitation Spectrum Fluorescence Quantum Yield Code Absorption Steady State Emission Fluorescent Whitening Agent
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.A.N. Abdel-Rahman and A.F. Mansour, J. Phys. E., 18 (1985) 149.Google Scholar
- 5.A. Goetzberger, B.K. Heidler, V. Wittwer, A. Zastrow, J. Bour and E. Sah, Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference, Berlin (1979).Google Scholar
- 6.S. Yonjia and R. Shengwu, Dyes and Pigments, 15 (1991) 157, 183.Google Scholar
- 7.F. J. Duarte and L. Hillman (Editors) “Dye Laser Principles with Applications” Academic Press, New York, London (1990) and references therein.Google Scholar
- 9.Galal E.H. Elgemeie, Adel M.E. Attia and Nahed M. Fathy, Nucleosides and Nucleotides (in Press).Google Scholar
- 10.G. Jones II in “Dye Laser Principles with Applications”, F.J. Duarte and L.W. Hillman (Editors), Academic Press, London, New York (1990).Google Scholar
- 14.J.N. Demas and G.A. Crosby, J. Phys. Chem., 75 (1971) 1991.Google Scholar
- 16.G.R. Penzer and S.B. Brown, (Ed.) “An Introduction to Spectroscopy for Biochemists”, Academic Press, London, New York, (1980), p. 86.Google Scholar
- 17.N.J. Turro, “Molecular Photochemistry”, Benjamin, New York, (1967).Google Scholar