The MR T1 Based Perfusion Model
There are a number of theoretical and practical questions one needs to consider to understand and optimize contrast to noise of the versatile T 1 based perfusion model. We made an evaluation of the several popular T 1 based methods currently applied to measure flow and flow change.
KeywordsArterial Spin Label Permeability Surface Inversion Pulse Pulse Label Flow Sensitivity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.K. K. Kwong, J. W. Belliveau, D. A. Chester, I. E. Goldberg, R. M. Weisskoff, B. P. Poncelet, D. N. Kennedy, B. E. Hoppel, M. S. Cohen, R. Turner, H. M. Cheng, T. J. Brady, and B. R. Rosen, Dynamic magnetic resonance imaging of human brain activity during primary sensory stimulation. Proc Natl Acad Sci 89, 5675–5679 (1992).ADSCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.R. R. Edelman, B. Siewert, D. G. Darby, V. Thangaraj, A. C. Nobre, M. M. Mesulam, and S. Warach, Qualitative mapping of cerebral blood flow and functional localization with echo-plan MR Imaging and signal targeting with alternating radio frequency. Radiology 192, 513–520 (1994).Google Scholar
- 5.K. K. Kwong, D. A. Chesler, R. M. Weisskoff, and B. R. Rosen, Perfusion MR Imaging, in “Second Meeting of the Society of Magnetic Resonance” San Francisco, 1994, p. 1005.Google Scholar
- 6.D.S. Williams, J.D. Detre, W. Zhang, A.C. Silva, and A.P. Koretsky, A survey of labeling strategies for perfusion imaging by arterial spin labeling, in “Second Meeting of the Society of Magnetic Resonance” San Francisco, 1994, p. 1004.Google Scholar
- 7.K. K. Kwong, D. A. Chesler, C. S. Zuo, J. L. Boxerman, J. R. Baker, Y. C. Chen, C. E. Stern, R. M. Weisskoff, and B. R. Rosen, Spin Echo (T2, T1) studies for functional MRI. in “Twelfth Annual Meeting of the Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine” New York, 1993, p. 172.Google Scholar
- 8.F. Calamante, K.K. Kwong, S.K. Williams, N. van Bruggell and R. Turner. Quantification of perfusion in pulsed labeling techniques, in “Third Scientific Meeting of the Society for Magnetic Resonance” Nice, France, 1995, in press..Google Scholar
- 9.K.K. Kwong, D.A. Chesler, R.M. Weisskoff, K.M. Donahue, T.L. Davis, L. Ostergaard, T.A. Campbell, B.R. Rosen. MR Perfusion Studies with T1 Weighted Echo Planar Imaging. Magn. Reson. Med. in press..Google Scholar
- 10.A.C. Silva, W. Zhang, D.S. Williams and A.P. Koretsky. Measurement by arterial spin labeling of the effects of cerebral blood flow on water as a freely diffusable perfusion tracer, in “Second Meeting of the Society of Magnetic Resonance” San Francisco, 1994, p. 280.Google Scholar