The Effect on Yield of Clustering and Radial Variations in Defect Density
This work examines the effect on yield, of the clustering and radial variation of fatal defects. An expression is developed for fatal defects as a function of chip area and distance of the chip from the edge of the wafer, and used to estimate the yield of successively larger numbers of array segments of a bipolar SRAM.
KeywordsIntegrate Circuit Defect Density Poisson Model Radial Variation Chip Area
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J.E. Price, “A New Look at Integrated Circuits”, Proceedings of the IEEE, August 1970, pp. 1290-1291.Google Scholar
- 3.A.J. Dingwall, “High-Yield Processed Bipolar LSI Arrays”, 1968 IEEE International Electron Device Meeting Technical Digest, p. 82.Google Scholar
- 4.J. Sredni, “Use of Power Transformations to Model the Yield of ICs as a Function of Active Circuit Area”, 1975 IEEE International Electron Device Meeting Technical Digest, pp. 123-125.Google Scholar
- 6.H. Murrmann and D. Kranzer, “Yield Modeling of Integrated Circuits”, Siemens Forschungs und Entwicklungs Berichte, vol. 9, no. 1, February 1980, pp. 38–40.Google Scholar
- 9.W.E. Ham, “Yield-Area Analysis: Part I — A Diagnostic Tool for Fundamental Integrated-Circuit Process Problems”, RCA Review, vol. 39, June 1978, pp. 231–249.Google Scholar
- 10.C.L. Mallory, D.S. Perlofr, T.F. Hasan and R.M. Stanley, “Spatial Yield Analysis in Integrated Circuit Manufacturing”, Solid State Technology, vol. 26, no. 11, November 1983, pp. 121–127.Google Scholar
- 11.A.V. Ferris-Prabhu, “Defects, Faults and Semiconductor Yield”, International Workshop on Defect and Fault Tolerance in VLSI Systems, Paper 1.1, Springfield, Mass., October 3–5, 1988.Google Scholar
- 13.A. Gupta and J. Lathrop, “Yield Analysis for Large Integrated-Circuit Chips”, IEEE J. Solid State Circuits, vol. SC-7, no. 5, October 1978, pp. 389–395.Google Scholar
- 14.D.M.H. Walker, Yield Simulation for Integrated Circuits, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1987, p.158.Google Scholar
- 15.A.V. Ferris-Prabhu, “A Cluster-Modified Poisson Model for Estimating Defect Density and Yield”, IBM Technical Report, TR19.90425, March 1989.Google Scholar
- 17.D.M.H. Walker and S.W. Director, “VLASIC: A Yield Simulator for Integrated Circuits”, IEEE International Conference on Computer-Aided Design, Digest of Technical of Technical Papers, November 1985, pp. 318-320.Google Scholar