An Efficient Reconfiguration Scheme for WSI of Cube-Connected Cycles with Bounded Channel Width
Wafer Scale Integration(WSI) technology1 allows us to realize the processor arrays of a certain interconnection topology on a single wafer. The performance improvement of the WSI processor arrays, compared to the uniprocessor system, is expected to be substantial. It was achieved by parallel processing using multiple processors and fast data communication between interacting processors. The off-chip communication delay is generally much bigger than that of on-chip communication. Therefore the performance improvement due to the WSI implementation of processor arrays will be significant for the problems requiring intensive communication between processors.
KeywordsChannel Width Processor Array Fault Distribution Rectangular Array Target Array
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- C.H. Stapper et al., “Integrated Circuit Yield Statistics,” in Proc. IEEE, vol. 71, April 1983.Google Scholar
- A.D. Singh, “Interstitial Redundancy: An Area Efficient Fault Tolerance Scheme for Large Area VLSI Processor Arrays,”, in Trans. Comput. vol. c-37, Nov. 1988.Google Scholar
- H.Y. Youn and A.D. Singh, “On Area Efficient and Fault Tolerant Tree Embedding In VLSI,” in Proc. Int’l Conf. Parallel Processing, pp. 171-178, Aug. 1987.Google Scholar
- I. Koren, “A Reconfigurable and Fault-tolerant VLSI Multiprocessor Array,” in Proc. 8th Annu. Symp. Comput. Arch., pp. 425-431, May 1981.Google Scholar
- M. Sami and R. Stefanelli, “Fault-Tolerance and Functional Reconfiguration in VLSI Arrays,” in Proc. Int’l Conf. Circuits and Systems, pp. 643-648, 1986.Google Scholar
- H.Y. Youn and A.D. Singh, “An Efficient Channel Routing Algorithm for Defective Arrays,” to appear in Proc. IEEE Int’l Conf. on Computer-Aided Design, Nov. 1989.Google Scholar
- H.Y. Youn and A.D. Singh, “A Near Optimal Adaptive Row Modular Design for Efficiently Reconfiguring the Processor Array in VLSI,” in Proc. Int’l Conf. Parallel Processing, pp. 1261-265, Aug. 1989.Google Scholar
- J.J. Shen and I. Koren, “Yield Enhancement Designs for WSI Cube-Connected Cycles,” in Proc. Int’l Conf. Wafer Scale Integration, pp. 289-298, Jan. 1989.Google Scholar
- F. Lombardi, R. Negrini, and R. Stefanelli, “Reconfiguration of VLSI arrays: A Covering Approach,” in Proc. 17tli Int’l Symp. Fault-Tolerant Computing, pp. 251-256, June 1987.Google Scholar
- A.D. Singh and H.Y. Youn, “Efficient Restructuring Schemes for Wafer Scale Processor Arrays,” in Proc. 1988 Int’l Workshop on Defect and Fault Tolerance in VLSI Systems, Oct. 1988.Google Scholar