Audit and the Net
As new organisational forms require management information and control systems to exist and interact through connective metasystems (more than simply networks) such as the Internet, so the need for change in the theory and practice of information systems audit provides a critical focus for significant issues in current methodological approaches to the development of business information systems and in the epistemological assumptions which are made about such systems.
KeywordsInternal Audit Soft System Methodology Computer Support Cooperative Work Electronic Data Interchange Data Communication System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chambers, A.D. and Court, J.M., 1991, “Computer Auditing”, 3rd ed., Pitman, London.Google Scholar
- Checkland, P.B., 1981, “Systems Thinking, Systems Practice”, John Wiley and Sons, Chichester.Google Scholar
- Cushing, B.E. and Romney, M.B. 1994, “Accounting Information Systems”, 6th ed., Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass.Google Scholar
- Date, C.J., 1986, “An Introduction to Database Systems”, Volume 1, 4th ed., Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass.Google Scholar
- Doyle and Wood, 1991, Soft systems and systems engineering: across the great divide, in: Addendum to proceeding of UKSS 1991, Plenum, New York.Google Scholar
- Gilligan, J., 1994, Patterns on glass: the language games of information, in: Proceedings of the Symposium on Philosophical and Logical Aspects of Information Systems, University of the West of England, 1994 (pending publication).Google Scholar
- Harnois, Albert J., 1991, “EDP Auditing: A Functional Approach”, Prentice-Hall, New York.Google Scholar
- Hinge, K.C., 1988, “Electronic Data Interchange: from understanding to implementation”, American Management Association, New York.Google Scholar
- Hirschheim, R. and Adams, D., 1991, Organisational Connectivity, Journal of General Management. 17(2).Google Scholar
- IEEE Computer Society, 1994, “Internet Security, Secure Communications Over Untrusted Networks”, Seminar Summary from 12th November, 1994, published on Usenet by email@example.com.Google Scholar
- Weber, R., 1988, “EDP Auditing: Conceptual Foundations and Practice”, 2nd edition, McGraw-Hill, New York.Google Scholar
- Woolf, E., 1990, “Auditing Today”, 4th ed., Prentice-Hall.Google Scholar