Meson-Meson Contributions to the Nucleon Sigma-Term and Electromagnetic form Factors
Our modern understanding of hadrons is of a core of valence quarks surrounded by a sea of \(\bar q\) pairs and gluons. For low energy processes (~ 1 GeV) there is good reason to assume (Witten, 1979; T’Hooft, 1974) that much of the detailed dynamics of the quarks can be neglected and the cloud can be approximated by the correlated, colour neutral \(\bar q\) states that we know as mesons. This is the basis of the success of the meson exchange models of medium energy nuclear physics whose degrees of freedom consist of nucleons, mesons and isobars.
KeywordsForm Factor Partial Wave Electromagnetic Form Factor Final State Interaction Meson Exchange
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Amendolia, S.R. et al., 1984, Measurement of the pion form factor in the time-like region for q 2 values between 0.1 (GeV/c)2 and 0.18 (GeV/c)2, Phys. Lett. B138: 445.Google Scholar
- Gasser, J., Leutwyler, H. and Sainio, M.E., 199la, Form factor of the v-term, Phys. Lett. B253: 260.Google Scholar
- Gasser, J., Leutwyler, H. and Sainio, M.E., 1991b, Sigma-term update, Phys. Lett. B253: 252.Google Scholar
- Höhler, G., 1983, “Pion-Nucleon Scattering,” Landolt-Börnstein Vol. I/9ó2, H. Schopper, ed., Springer-Verlag.Google Scholar
- Höhler, G., Kaiser, E, Koch, R. and Pietarinen, E., 1979, “Handbook of Pion-Nucleon Scattering,” Physics Data 12–1.Google Scholar
- Morgan, D. and Pennington, M.R., 1991, f o (S*): molecule or quark state? Phys. Lett. B258: 444.Google Scholar
- Weinberg, S., 1968, Nonlinear realizations of chiral symmetry, Phys. Rev. 166: 1568.Google Scholar
- Weinstein, J. and Isgur, N., 1990, KK molecules, Phys. Rev. D 41: 2236.Google Scholar