Weight Gain and Muscular Weakness in a Young Man
A 28-year-old man consulted his physician because of rapid weight gain and considerable difficulty in climbing stairs for the past 9 months. His family had noticed that his face appeared puffy. He developed severe acne over his face and upper back and felt very lethargic.
KeywordsPituitary Adenoma Plasma Cortisol Plasma ACTH Dexamethasone Suppression Test Muscular Weakness
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Aron DC, Findling JW, Tyrell JB: Cushing’s disease. Endocrinol Metab Clin. 1987;3:15.Google Scholar
- 3.Schteingart DE: Cushing’s syndrome. Endocrinol Metab. Clin North Am. 1989;3:311.Google Scholar
- 9.Chrousos GP, Schulte HM, Oldfield EH, et al: A corticotropin releasing factor stimulating test. An aid in the evaluation of patients with Cushing’s syndrome. N Engl J Med. 1984;310:622.Google Scholar
- 11.Loriaux DL: in Cushing’s syndrome. Oral presentation at the Annual Meeting of the Endocrine Society, 1989.Google Scholar
- 12.Siegelman SS, Fishman EK, Gatewood OMB, et al: CT of the adrenal gland. Contemp Issues Comput Tomogr. 1984;3:223.Google Scholar
- 15.DePinho MM, Antunes RC, Lima MB, et al: Cushing’s disease. Clinical and laboratory response to Bromocriptine. J Endocrinol Invest. 1984;7:585.Google Scholar
- 21.Schteingart DE: The diagnosis and medical management of Cushing’s syndrome, in: Thompson NW, Vinik AW (eds) Endocrine Surgery Update. New York, Grune & Stratton, 1983 p 187.Google Scholar