The Radiation Entropy in Laser Cooling Process
The laser cooling of atoms has made great progress beyond the Doppler limit I and even beyond the recoil limit by using the polarization gradients (the atomic sisyphus effect)2 and velocity-selective coherent population trapping (VSCPT)3.
KeywordsEntangle State Spontaneous Emission Atomic System Laser Cool Coherent Radiation
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 5.M. Planck, Ann. der Phys. (4), 1, 69–122 (1900), “Theory of Heat Radiation”, Dover, 1959.Google Scholar
- 6.M.v. Laue, Ann. der Phys. 20, 365 (1906) and 23, 1 (1907).Google Scholar
- 7.H. Gamo, J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 19, 1955–1961 (1964).Google Scholar
- 8.H. Gamo, Matrix Threatment of Partial Coherence, Progress in Optics,Vol. 3, 187–332 (1964), § 7.Google Scholar
- 9.E. Fermi, “Thermodynamics”, P. 148, Dover, 1956.Google Scholar
- 10.R.K. Pathria, “Statistical Thermodynamics”, P.26, Pergamon Press, 1978.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 1996