Cognitive-Behavioral Treatment of Agoraphobia in Groups
Although agoraphobia has often been viewed as a learned disorder, no author to date has emphasized the cognitive components nor suggested treatment that is both behavioral and cognitive.
KeywordsHeart Attack Panic Attack Borderline Personality Disorder Cognitive Distortion Internal Sensation
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Beck, A. T. Cognitive therapy of depression. New York: Guilford Press, 1979.Google Scholar
- Chambless, D. L., & Goldstein, A. J. The treatment of agoraphobia. In A. Goldstein & E. Foa (Eds.) Handbook of behavioral interventions. New York: Wiley, 1980.Google Scholar
- Chambless, D. L., Caputo, G. C., & Jasin, S. E. The Severity of Agoraphobia Scale. Manuscript submitted for publication, 1983. (Available from D. Chambless, Dept. of Psychology, American University, Washington, D.C. 20016.)Google Scholar
- Ellis, A. Reason and emotion in psychotherapy. New York: Stuart, 1962.Google Scholar
- Fodor, I. G. The phobic syndrome in women: Implications for treatment. In V. Franks & V. Burtle (Eds.), Women in therapy. New York: Bruner/Mazel, 1974.Google Scholar
- Jasin, S. E. A comparison of agoraphobics, anxiety neurotics and depressive neurotics using the MMPI and Beck Depression Inventory. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Temple University, 1981.Google Scholar
- Lange, A. J., & Jakubowski, P. Responsible assertive behavior. Champaign, Ill.: Research Press, 1976.Google Scholar
- Levis, D. J. Implementing the technique of implosive therapy. In A. Goldstein & E. Foa (Eds.), Handbook of behavioral interventions. New York: Wiley, 1980.Google Scholar
- Meichenbaum, D. Cognitive-behavior modification: An integrative approach. New York: Plenum Press, 1977.Google Scholar
- Rachman, S. J. Fear and courage. San Francisco: W. H. Freeman, 1978.Google Scholar
- Wolpe, J. W. Unravelling the antecedents of an agoraphobic reaction:A transcript. Behavior Research and Therapy, 1970, 1, 259–264.Google Scholar
- Yalom, I.D. The theory and practice of group psychotherapy. New York: Basic Books, 1975.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 1983