Requirements for Production Targets for Middle-Energy Cyclotrons
The fundamental requirements of production target systems are much the same for all accelerators: They must provide with boring regularity, predictably sufficient amounts of radionuclide of consistently satisfactory quality and quantity. The details of the methods by which these goals are achieved varies with the beam energy and current capabilities of the cyclotron, the types of particles accelerated, and other factors.
KeywordsRemote Control Target Material Target System Programmable Logic Control Target Chamber
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A.P. Wolf, and W.B. Jones; Cyclotrons for Biomedical Radioisotope Production, Radiochem. Acta, 34:, 1–7, 1983Google Scholar
- 2.R. Finn, B. Dahl; Facility Layout and Planning, Chap 5. in Proceedings. of the second Workshop on Targetry and Target Chemistry, Heidelberg, West Germany, September 22–25, 1987Google Scholar
- 4.B.W. Weiland; A Negative Ion Cyclotron Using 11 MeV Protons for Production of Radionuclides for Clinical Positron Tomography, 119–125, Proceeding of the First International Workshop on Targetry and Target Chemistry, Heidelberg West Germany, 4 to 7 Oct. 1985Google Scholar
- 5.Y. Jongen; Cyclone 30, a H’, K-30, 500uA Cyclotron, 164–165, Proceedings, of the second Workshop on Targetry and Target Chemistry, Heidelberg, West Germany, September 22–25, 1987Google Scholar
- 14.H.H. Stevens, Behavior of Circular Membranes Stretched above the Elastic Limit by Air Pressure; Soc. for Experimental Stress Anal. Proc, 2, (1), 139–146, 1944Google Scholar