Some Properties of Polyvinyl Alcohol and their Possible Applications
Some of the more specialized properties of polyvinyl alcohol are considered, in relation to the apparent structure of the polymer. These properties include the water solubility of polyvinyl alcohol in relation to its molecular structure, the diffusion properties of polyvinyl. alcohol film, compared with those of other polymer films, and the relation between heat treatment (and the consequent increased crystalinity) on the density of the polymer.
KeywordsBoric Acid Polyvinyl Alcohol High Density Polyethylene Polyvinyl Acetate Water Vapour Transmission Rate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C.A. Finch, ‘Properties and Applications of Polyvinyl Alcohol’. 1973: Chichester, John Wiley & Sons.Google Scholar
- 2.K. Noro, Chapters 3 & 4 in Ref. 1.Google Scholar
- 3.K. Toyoshima, Ref. 1, p.341.Google Scholar
- 4.R.K. Tubbs and Ting Kai Wu, in Ref.1, p.177.Google Scholar
- 8.K. Toyoshima, in Ref.1, Chapter 13.Google Scholar