Intercalation of tetraselenafulvalene (TSF) and tetramethyltetraselenafulvalene (TMTSF) into iron oxychloride (FeOCl)
Conducting organic materials (1) have attracted the interest of scientists for about two decades. Radical cation salts derived from tetrathia- and tetraselenafulvalenes have been much more studied because some of them have been found to exhibit superconductivity at low temperatures (2). From accumulated data it has been established structural factors are crucial in producing electrically conductive materials (3). Thus, as in TTF-TCNQ (4), the formation of regular segregated stacks (5) is considered as a condition necessary for the conducting network to be formed. But such a formation is very often unpredictable (6). That is why we decided to enforce a segregated structure upon organic π -donors using lamellar materials as macroanionic electron π -acceptors.
KeywordsSelenium Oxychloride TMTSF Tetrathiafulvalene Dimethoxyethane
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (1) a-.D.O. Cowan and F.M. Wiygul; chemical and engineering July 21, 1986, p. 28.Google Scholar
- (2) a-.D. Jerome, A. Mazaud, M. Ribault and K. Bechgaard. C.R. Acad. Sci. Paris, 1980, t-290, B-27.Google Scholar
- (3) a-.
- (3) b-.J.M. Fabre; E. Torreilles; M. Vigroux; L. Giral; J. Chem. Res. (M), 1980, 4564.Google Scholar
- (4).T.E. Philips; R.J. Kistenmacher; J.P. Ferraris; D.O. Cowan; J.C.S. Chem. Commun; 1973, 471.Google Scholar
- (7).B.A. Averill; S.M. Kauzlarich; M.R. Antonio; J. de Physique (Paris), 1983, 44, C3-1973.Google Scholar
- (8) S.M. Kauzlarich; B.K. Teo; B.A. Averill; inorg. Chem. 1986, 25, 28.Google Scholar
- (11).M.V. Lakshmikantan and M.P. Cava; J.C.S. Chem. Commun, 1975, 882.Google Scholar
- (12).K. Bechgaard; D.O. Cowan; A.N. Bloch; J.C.S. Chem. Commun, 1974, 937.Google Scholar
- (13).Reaction conditions: TSF; 14-17d. at 70°C; 0.03 M Tmtsf, 4–6 week at 85°C. After work up, the intercalates were treated again with guest solutions if intercalation was incomplete.Google Scholar
- (14).M.D. Lind; Acta. Cryst., 1972, B-26, 1058.Google Scholar