Regulation of Junctional Intercellular Communication by Tyrosine-Protein Kinases. Role of the Cellular Src Gene and Growth Factor Receptors
I deal with a membrane channel of a very different sort from the channels of the preceding speakers at this workshop. It is a channel that spans not one, but two cell membranes. The channel is an old friend of mine; I ushered it in twenty-two years ago.
KeywordsSaturation Density Lucifer Yellow Junctional Communication Polyoma Virus Avian Sarcoma Virus
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Azarnia, R., Reddy, S., Kmiecik, T. E., Shalloway, D., and Loewenstein, W. R., 1988b, The cellular src gene: Regulation of communication and growth. In: Gap Junctions. Modern Cell Biology Series. Editors E. Hertzberg and R. Johnson. A. R. Liss, New York 7: 423–433.Google Scholar
- Flagg-Newton, J. L., Dahl, G., and Loewenstein, W. R., 1981, Cell junction and cyclic AMP. I. Upregulation of junctional membrane permeability and junctional membrane particles by administration of cyclic nucleotide or phosphodiesterase inhibitor, J. Membr. Biol. 63: 105–121.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Loewenstein, W. R., 1974, Cellular communication by permeable junctions. In: Cell Membranes: Biochemistry, Cell Biology and Pathology (Weissmann, G. & Claiborne, R., eds.) pp. 105–114, H.P. Publishing Co. Inc., New York.Google Scholar
- Loewenstein, W. R., 1979, Junctional intercellular communication and the control of growth, Biochem. Biophys. Acta Cancer Rev. 560: 165.Google Scholar
- Nonner, W. F., and Loewenstein, W. R., 1989. Appendix: A growth control model with discrete regulatory centers, J. Cell Biol. 108: 1063–1065.Google Scholar
- Sorge, L. K., Levy, B. T., Gilmer, T. M., and Maness, P. F., 1984, pp60c’S`c expression in embryonic nervous tissue: immunocytochemical localization in the developing chick retina, Cancer Cells 1: 117–122.Google Scholar