Advances in Instrumentalized TLC
Recent advances in instrumentalized TLC are described with emphasis on development techniques, radio-TLC and the spectroscopic characterization of substances in situ on the TLC plate. Brief descriptions of automated multiple development, overpressure TLC and centrifugal layer chromatography are given. The use of ‘linear analyzers’ for the detection of radioactivity following 2-D development of TLC plates is discussed, together with the direct identification of TLC spots using mass spectrometry (MS) without having to recover the sample from the plate.
KeywordsLinear Analyzer Fast Atom Bombardment Mass Spectrometry Compact Band Scanning Densitometer Automate Multiple Development
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Burger, K.D. & Tengler, H. (1986) in Planar Chromatography, Vol. 1 (Kaiser, R.E., ed.), Heuthig, Heidelberg, pp. 193–205.Google Scholar
- 4.Tyihak, E. & Mincsovics, E. (1988) J. Planar Chromatog. 1, 6–19.Google Scholar
- 5.Filthuth, H. (1988) in Recent Advances in Thin Layer Chromatography (Dallas, F.A.A., Read, H., Ruane, R.J. & Wilson, I.D., eds.), Plenum, New York, in press: pp. 125–130.Google Scholar
- 6.Smith, I. (1988) as for 5., in press: pp. 77-86.Google Scholar
- 7.Dietzel, G., Kubisiak, H. & Stelzer, H. (1988) as for 5., in press: pp. 117-124.Google Scholar
- 12.Iwabuchi, H., Nakagawa, A. & Nakamura, K.I. (1987) J. Chromatog. 414, 139–148.Google Scholar