An AVME Clutter Map Design Approach for CFAR Adaptive Threshold Selection of SAR Images
A clutter map approach is proposed for nonhomogeneous clutter in the range domain and stationary clutter in the time domain. The proposed clutter map incorporates FIR filters (averagers) in the time domain and median filters in the range domain. Hereafter, we call the proposed approach is called the AVME (Averaging-Median) clutter map. Clutter map performance is provided assuming that the underlying clutter statistics follow the compound K-pdf while the target model is chi-square distributed.
KeywordsFalse Alarm Rate Test Cell Adaptive Threshold Range Domain Clutter Power
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Skolnik M., Radar Handbook, McGraw-Hill, New York, Second Edition (1991).Google Scholar
- 2.Khoury E.N. and Hoyle J.S., Clutter Maps: Design and Performance, IEEE National Radar Conf. Atlanta (1984).Google Scholar
- 3.Nitzberg R., Clutter Map CFAR Analysis, IEEE Trans., AES-22, pp. 419–421, July (1986).Google Scholar
- 4.A.U.G. Signals Ltd., Implementation of New Search and Imaging Radar Detection Algorithms and Testing with Real Clutter Data, Final Report No: R&D-0003/95, June (1995).Google Scholar
- 5.A. Papoulis, Probability, Random Variables, and Stochastic Processes, 3rd edition, McGraw-Hill, New-York (1991).Google Scholar