Investigation of Some Slagging Problems at the Rigs
It is not possible to simulate deposition processes exactly on small rigs. However, slagging simulation and imitation have sense. It helps to pick out separate aspects, to extend the range of variables and so to achieve the exaggerated results that help to understand the process. It is also possible to achieve reliable results to solve certain practical problems. The different rigs are used by UralVTI for the different problems.
The investigations of the slagging of the upper part of a furnace have been carried out on an isothermal air rig with captive transparent walls. The slagging of the lower part of the furnace has been studied on a gas fired rig. The fly ash here is synthetic (a mixture of real fly ash and pane glass powder) and it is injected into a furnace through burners. The effect of a gas velocity, the viscosity of the sticking agent and the percentage of the agent has been studied on the special rig. The low heated air and the mixture of colophony, a common salt, a fine silicate powder were used on the rig. Such a composition of the mixture helps to disclose the effect of various ash particles and it offers to analyse the deposits easy.
Slagging and fouling properties of coals are explored on the coal fired rig with 50 kg/h input.
KeywordsBurning Zone Common Salt Patent USSR Approximate Simulation Furnace Roof
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Alekhnovich, A.N., Brykov, V.Y., Orenbakh, M.S. (1989). The device for measurement of deposit strength (Ustrojstvo dlja Izmerenija Prochnosti Otlojeniy). Patent USSR. no. 1449762Google Scholar
- Alekhnovich, A.N., Lisovoj, V.G., Petrov, E.V. and Sotnikov, I.A. (1984). Boiler (Kotel). Patent USSR. no. 1065656.Google Scholar
- Alekhnovich, A.N., Osintsev, V.V. and Lisovoj, V.G. (1982). The Vertical Prismatic Furnace of the Boiler with T-type Arrangement (Vertikalnaja Prizmaticheskaja Topka T-obraznogo Kotla). Patent USSR. no. 974035.Google Scholar
- Alekhnovich, A.N., Verbovetsky, E. Kh. and Abrosimov, A.A. (1988). A Study of the Position of the Zones of Slagging on a Model of the TPP-804 Boiler of an 800 MW Power-generating Unit. Thermal Engineering, 35 (8), 483–484 (54–57 in Russian).Google Scholar
- Apik, I.P. (1966). An Effect of Oil Shale mineral Matter on the Boiler Operation Conditions (Vlijanie Mineralnoj Chasti Slantsev na Rabotu Kotloagregata). Estonian State Publishing House. Tallinn. 129–130 (in Russian).Google Scholar