The AIDS Crisis: Challenges, Consequences, and Recommendations for the World and Africa
AIDS is a global problem of unprecedent consequences in the history of epidemics. It poses serious health, economic, social, ethical, political, religious, legal, cultural and philosophical problems that threaten to undermine the fabric and the well being, adherence and understanding upon which societies must function and have functioned for centuries.
KeywordsStreet Child Sessional Paper Sexual Guilt Genital Ulcer Disease Adjustment Reaction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- BARTON T. G. Sexuality and Health in Sub-Saharan Africa. Published by African Medical and Research Foundation (AMREF) General printer, Nairobi 1992.Google Scholar
- GLOBAL PROGRAMME ON AIDS: WHO/UNESCO PILOT PROJECTS ON SCHOOL-BASED AIDS EDUCATION A SUMMARY. WHO, Geneva, 1994.Google Scholar
- MAJ, J. M. Organic Mental Disorders in HIV-infection: AIDS 1990, 4:831–840Google Scholar
- PLUMMER A.F., MOSES S. AND NDINYA-ACHOLA J.O Factors affecting Female-to-Male Transmission Dynamics for prevention. AIDS and Women’s Reproductive Health. Edited by L.C. Chen et al Plenum Press New York 1991.Google Scholar
- SEIDEL GILL: The competing discourses of HIV/AIDS in sub-saharan Africa: Discourses of rights and empowerement vs Discourses of control and exclusion soc. SC. Med. Vol. 36 No. 4 pp 175–194 1992.Google Scholar
- WHO AIDS SERIES No. 5. Guide to Planning Health Promotion for AIDS Prevention and Control. WHO Geneva 1989.Google Scholar
- WHO AIDS SERIES NO 11 The global AIDS Strategy. WHO Geneva 1992.Google Scholar
- WHO/GPA Review of experiences in five countries. In planning and managing multi-sectoral AIDS Programme summary and conclusions Vol. & II GPA/CNP/OSM 10 December, 1993. Geneva.Google Scholar
- REPORT OF THE CONSULTATION ON NEUPSYCHIATRIC ASPECTS OF HIV INFECTION WHO/GPA GENEVA 14–17 MARCH 1988Google Scholar
- AIDS Prevention through Health promotion: Facing sensitive issues WHO Geneva 1991.Google Scholar
- Kenya Ministry of Health National AIDDS Control Programme Second Medium Term Plan (MTPII) 1992–1996.Google Scholar