In this Symposium on “Advances in Polyolefins” a galaxy of distinguished experts have presented an impressive and stimulating account of the recent developments in Science and Engineering of this important class of polymeric materials. Professor Raymond B. Seymour, the organizer of the Symposium has kindly asked me to add a “Concluding Chapter” to it. This chapter could have been a “Summary” or a “Forecast.” The other chapters represent a closely knit and complete survey of the “Advances” — therefore, a “Summary” would not make much sense.
KeywordsVinyl Acetate Isotactic Polypropylene Oxygen Barrier Free Radical Initiation Plant Equipment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Y. V. Kissin, “Isospecific Polymerization of Olefins with Heterogeneous Ziegler-Natta Catalysts,” Volume 9 of the series “Polymers: Properties and Applications,” Springer-Verlag, New York (1985).Google Scholar
- 2.Compare e.g. Kazuto Fominaga and Masami Haga in “Chemical Economy and Engineering Review,” Vol. 17, pp. 23–29 (1985).Google Scholar
- 3.Digest of Polymer Development,“ published by Springborn Laboratories, Inc., Enfield, Connecticut 06082, Quarterly Reports, last issue (January 1986).Google Scholar
- 4.See f.i., “Modern Plastics,” Vol. 63, pp. 54–57 (March 1986).Google Scholar
- 5.Compare e.g. pages 77 to 87 of the “Platzer Digest,” (January 1986).Google Scholar
- 6.See f.i. “Modern Plastics,” Vol. 63, pp. 58–61 (March 1986).Google Scholar