Characterization of Highly Drawn Polypropylene Films
The production of fibers and films with high strength and modulus through extension is common in the plastics industry. The relationship between the draw ratio and the degree of macromolecular orientation of oriented polypropylene is an area of increasing interest. This interest is directed toward the achievement of the highest possible strength and modulus.
KeywordsOrientation Function Draw Ratio Polypropylene Film Dichroic Ratio Orientation Perfection
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.A. Peguy and R. St. John Manley, Polym. Commun., 25, 39 (1984).Google Scholar
- 3.S. K. Roy and R. St. John Manley, ACS Preprints, Div. Polym. Mater. Sci. Eng., 52, 5f (1985).Google Scholar
- 5.R. J. Samuels, Private Communication.Google Scholar
- 6.H. P. Frank, Polypropylene, Gordon and Breach Science Publishers, New York (1968).Google Scholar
- 7.I. Sakurada and K. Kaji, J. Polym. Sci., Polym. Symp., 1, 31, 57 (1970).Google Scholar