Expression of Human Lactoferrin in Transfected Rat Mammary Epithelial Cells
The expression of heterogeneous proteins in mammary gland of transgenic animals is an alternative method of producing recombinant proteins. Several groups have already described initial experiments in different animal systems, mainly in the mouse model system2. Although some works reported high expression level with an estimation by electrophoresis, adaptation of protein purification procedure is quite difficult in the mouse model system due to limited availability of mouse milk.
KeywordsMammary Gland Human Lactoferrin Casein Gene Mouse Model System Mouse Milk
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Chen C, Okayama H (1987) Mol. Cell. Biol. 7, 2745–2752Google Scholar
- 3.Huynh HT, Robitaille G, Turner JD (1991) Exp. Cell. Res. 197, 191–199.Google Scholar
- 5.Kim Si, Cho YY, Lee KW, Yu DY, Lee CS, Han YM, Lee KK (1994) Mol. Cells 4, 355–360.Google Scholar
- 6.Kim SJ, Yu DY, Lee KW, Cho YY, Lee CS, Han YM, Lee KK (1995)1. Biochem. Mol. Biol. 28, 57–61.Google Scholar
- 7.Richards J, Larson L, Yang J, Guzman R, Tomooka Y, Osborn R, lmagawa W, Nandi S (1983) J. Tissue Cult. Meth. 8, 31–36.Google Scholar