Recent Progress in BPSCCO Wire Fabrication and Application Prototypes
A Jc (77 K) of a 1,200 m long silver-sheathed bismuth-based wire has reached 10,000 A/cm2, as evaluated with a strict Ic criterion of 10-14Ω • m for overall wire cross-sectional area. One of the most important issues for Jc enhancement is grain connectability. Differential technique of ZFC (zero field cooling) curves proved to be a simple and effective evaluation method for grain connection. The performance of application prototypes progressed greatly. Three typical examples were as follows; 1) Current leads of 2,000 A carrying capability have been implemented to NbTi bending magnets of superconducting synchrotron radiation facility of Sumitomo Electric, and have been stably operated for over one year from December 1993. 2) Two flexible cable conductors of 1m-length, having Ic (77 K) of 5,800 A (Jc=12,000 A/cm2) and 12,000 A (Jc=11,000 A/cm2), were fabricated with multilayer wound technique. 3)A 60 mm bore magnet, cooled with GM refrigerator down to 21 K, has stably generated 3 T without any cryogen. The size of this magnet was large enough for actual applications.
KeywordsCurrent Lead Field Cool Zero Field Cool Heat Leakage Application Prototype
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4).D.C. Larbalestier, S.E. Babcock, X.Y. Cai, S.E. Dorris, H.S. Edelman, A. Gurevich, J.A. Parrell, A. Pashitski, A. Polynaskii, I-Fci Tsu and Jyh-Lih Wang: The 1995 International Workshop on Superconductivity Proc. 17(1995).Google Scholar
- 5).T. Masuda, C. Suzawa, T. Shibata, S. Isojima, T. Kato and K. Sato: Advances in Superconductivity 1235(1995).Google Scholar
- 6).J. Fujikami, N. Shibuta, K. Sato, H. Ishii and T. Hara: Advances in Superconductivity (1995)1195Google Scholar
- 12).K. Sato: Physics World 5:37(1992).Google Scholar
- 15).M. Ueyama, N. Shibuta, T. Hikata, K. Sato and K. Watanabe: SCI. REP. RITU A-Vol. 37, No.1: 169(1992).Google Scholar
- 17).H. Noji, T. Shibata, J. Fujikami, S. Isojima, K. Sato, H. Ishii, T. Hara: 53rd Meeting on Cryogenics and Supercondcutivity 164(1995).Google Scholar
- 18).T. Shibata, H. Noji, J. Fujikami, S. Isojima, K. Sato, H. Ishii, T. Hara: 53rd Meeting on Cryogenics and Supercondcutivity 163(1995).Google Scholar