Fabrication of YBa2Cu3Ox, Superconducting Tape by Continuous MOCVD Technique
The effect of the deposition conditions (Po2 Ts) on the crystallinity of YBCO films was investigated. The stability line estimated in this work shifted to higher Po2 region compared with the equilibrium phase diagram of Y-Ba-Cu-O system, because of O2 gas used up not only for the crystallization of YBCO but also for the thermal decomposition of the organic matter added to the precursor. The improvement of the formation rate of YBCO tape was investigated by employing a highly concentrated THF single solution of mixed ß-diketonates. Good superconducting properties were achieved on STO(100) at a moving rate of the substrate from 0.5 to 3.0m/h by using the THF solution of 10.7wt%. YBCO tapes with Jc of 2.1×105 and 1.6×105A/cm2 (77K, OT) were also obtained at 0.2 and 1.0m/h, respectively, by using Hastelloy tapes with biaxially aligned YSZ buffer layer.
KeywordsDeposition Condition YBCO Film Stability Line YBCO Thin Film YBCO Layer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H.Yamane, H.Kurosawa and T.Hirai,Cem. Lett., (1988), 939Google Scholar
- 2.A.D.Berry, D.K.Gaskill, R.T.Holm, E.J.Cukauskas, R.Kaplan and R.L.tlenry, Appl. Phys. Lett., 52 (1988), 1743Google Scholar
- 3.T.Yamaguchi, Y.lijima, N.Hirano, S.Nagaya and O.Kohno, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys., 33 (1994), 6150Google Scholar
- 4.K.Onabe, O.Kohno, S.Nagaya, T.Shimonosono, Y.lijima, N.Sadakata and T.Saitoh, Mater. Trans., JIM, vol. 37, No. 4 (1996), 893Google Scholar
- 5.K.Onabe, S.Nagaya, N.Hirano, T.Yamaguchi, Y.lijima, N.Sadakata, T.Saitoh and O.Kohno, Adv. in Superconductivity VII(1994), ed. by K.Yamafuji and T.Morishita, Proc. of 7th Int. Symp. on Superconductivity, Kitakyushu, Springer-Verlag Tokyo, 601Google Scholar
- 6.R.Bormann and J.N ö Iting, Appl. Phys. Lett., 54 (1989), 2148Google Scholar