AC Losses and Magnet Research
The main issues in the research on ac losses in practical superconductors and the developments of the last decade are reviewed. Moreover the impact of the knowledge on the development of superconducting magnet systems as for tokamaks and particle accelerators is discussed.
KeywordsTransport Current Hysteresis Loss Coupling Loss Penetration Field Filament Axis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M.N. Wilson. “Superconducting Magnets”, Oxford University Press, New York, 1983.Google Scholar
- 3.W.J. Carr, Jr. AC loss and Macroscopic Theory of Supercondcutors“, Gordon and Breach Science Publishers, New York 1983.Google Scholar
- 4.P.C. Rem, “Numerical Models for ac superconductors”, Thesis University of Twente, Enschede, The Netherlands, 1986.Google Scholar
- 5.R.A.Hartman, “A contribution to the understanding of AC losses in composite superconductors,” Thesis University of Twente, Enschede, The Netherlands, 1989.Google Scholar
- 6.E.M.J. Niessen e.a., The effective transverse resistivity in multifilamentary conductors, Private communications, 1991.Google Scholar
- 7.G.B.J. Mulder, E.M.J. Niessen, Coupling losses of multifilamentary superconductors having several concentric regions and mixed matrix, Proc. Applied Superc. Conference Chicago 1992, IEEE Trans. on Superconductivity, 1993.Google Scholar
- 8.A.P. Verweij and H.H.J. ten Kate, Coupling Currents in Rutherford Cables under Time Varying Conditions, Proc. Applied Superc. Conf. Chicago 1992, IEEE Trans. on Superconductivity 1993.Google Scholar
- 9.D.Leroy, A.P Verweij e.a., Test results on 10T LHC superconducting one metre long dipole models, Proc. Applied Superc. Conf. 1992, Chicago, IEEE Trans. on Superconductivity, 1993.Google Scholar
- 10.A.P Verweij, A. den Ouden, B. Sachse, H.H.J. ten Kate, The influence of transverse forces on interstrand coupling loss, Published at the Int. Cryogenic Materials Conference ICMC 1993, USA.Google Scholar
- 11.A. Nijhuis and H.H.J. ten Kate, AC loss study of NET subcables, to be published at the MT13 conference, Victoria, Canada., September 1993.Google Scholar