Experimental Study for Dynamical Characteristics of He I–He II Interface Under Saturated Vapor Pressure Condition
We investigated appearance and propagation characteristics of He I-He II interface caused by cooling of He I. When liquid helium is cooled or heated near λ-point in a homogeneous situation, a He I-He II transition may occur without well-defined interface between the two phases. On the contrary, in such inhomogeneous situation as in the gravitational field or under a heat flow, bulk liquid helium system can not pass the λ-line as a whole at once and instead, a He I-He II interface appears. We generated He I-He II interface by imposing a cooling heat flow and measured the temperature field by a newly developed superconductive temperature sensor. We revealed some dynamical characteristics of He I-He II interface.
KeywordsHeat Transfer Coefficient Liquid Surface Liquid Helium Evacuation System Interface Propagation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.K. Kamiya, M. Murakami, N. Yanagise, ICEC 16 (1996), pp.531–534Google Scholar
- 5.K. Kamiya, M. Murakami, N. Yanagise, Czech. J. Phys., Vol. 46–61(1996), pp. 193–194Google Scholar
- 6.K. Kamiya, M. Murakami, S. Nemirovskii, J. of Cryogenic Society of Japan, Vol.32 No.6 (1997), pp. 5–10Google Scholar
- 8.Schwerdtner M., Poppe, W. and Schmidt, D., W. Cryogenics (1989) 29 132–134Google Scholar
- 9.S. Caspi, ICEC 8, Genova (1980) pp. 238–242Google Scholar