A New Hierarchical Simulator for Highly Parallel Analog Processor Arrays
System simulation, evaluation and analysis of highly parallel analog systems with conventional simulation tools is quite difficult due to their high complexity. Therefore we developed a methodology for the analysis of such systems by means of an applied simulation system. This approach bases on a relaxation method. The application of this technique accelerates the simulation of highly parallel analog systems by several orders of magnitude compared with standard circuit simulators. As additional feature, it can be traded-off between simulation expenditure and accuracy. We present the simulation method and its advantages in addition to a practical example.
KeywordsRelaxation Method System Design Automation Differential Equation System Output Signal Input Processor Element
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R. Saleh, S. Jou, A.R. Newton: Mixed-Mode Simulation and Analog Multilevel Simulation, Kluver Academic Publisher, 1994Google Scholar
- R. S. Varga: Matrix Iterative Analysis, Prentice-Hall, 1962Google Scholar
- J. M. Ortega, W. C. Rheinbolt: Iterative Solution of Nonlinear Equations in Several Variables, Academic Press, 1970Google Scholar
- A. Graupner and R. Schüffny: An Ultra-Low-Power Switched-Current 2-Quadrant Multiplier, 2nd Electronic Circuits and Systems Conference ECS’99, Bratislava, September 6–8, 1999.Google Scholar
- J.-U. Schlüßler, I. Koren, J. Werner, J. Dohndorf, U. Ramacher, A. Krönig: Image Sensor with Analog Neural Preprocessing, MicroNeuro’97, Seiten 209–216, 1997.Google Scholar