Efficient Supply Chain Structures for Personal Computers
As computing technologies are revolutionizing business efficiency and productivity and improving quality of life, the personal computer (PC) industry that supports such changes has been struggling through the difficult process of improving its supply chain efficiency.
KeywordsSupply Chain Inventory Cost Channel Structure Customer Order Component Inventory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Austin, T.A. and H.L. Lee. (1999) Unlocking the Supply Chain’s: A Case from the Personal Computer Industry. Supply Chain Management Review, Vol. 2, No. 2, 24–35.Google Scholar
- Aviv, Y. and A. Federgruen. (1998) The Benefits of Design for Postponement. in Quantitative Models for Supply Chain Management. Edited by S. Tayur, M. Magazine, and R. Ganeshan. Kluwer Academic Publishers.Google Scholar
- Dong, L.X. and H.L. Lee. (1999) Aligning Supply Chain Incentives in Channel Assembly with Component Commonality. Working Paper. Stanford University.Google Scholar
- Garg, A. and C.S. Tang. (1997) On Postponement Strategies for Product Families with Multiple Points of differentiation. ME Transactions, Vol. 29, 641–650.Google Scholar
- Technologies. (1998) High Technology Industry Conference, Hewlett-Packard Company Presentation.Google Scholar
- Keck, L., A. Marcheva, G. Valen, and S. Years. (1998) Channel Conflict: The Impact of Direct Internet Sales of Personal Computers on Traditional Retail Channels. Working Paper, Owen Graduate School of Management, Vanderbilt University.Google Scholar
- Lee, H.L. and L.X. Dong. (2000) Postponement Boundary for Global Supply Chain Efficiency. Working Paper. Stanford University and Washington University.Google Scholar
- Swaminathan, J.M. and S.R. Tayur. (1998A) Managing Broader Product Lines through Delayed Differentiation using Vanilla Boxes. Management Science. Vol. 44, No. 12, s161–72.Google Scholar
- Swaminathan, J.M. and S.R. Tayur. (1998B) Stochastic Programming Models for Managing Product variety. in Quantitative Modeling for Supply Chain Management. Edited by S. Tayur, M. Magazine, and R. Ganeshan. Kluwer Academic Publishers.Google Scholar