Squeezing in Fourth-Order Parametric Downconversion
The systems which generate squeezing of the electromagnetic radiation1,2, considered in the successful experiments performed in the last couple of years, are of the two-photon variety. They concern an optical medium with nonlinear polarization, with second-order3 or third-order4 susceptibility, interacting with an external coherent pump. Due to the low intensity of the pumps used high finesse cavity or optical fibers were employed.
KeywordsCoherent State Anharmonic Oscillator Imaginary Time Nonlinear Polarization Susceptibility Tensor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.P. Tombesi and H. P. Yuen in Coherence and Quantum Optics Vol. 5, eds. L. Mandel and E. Wolf ( Plenum Press, New York 1984 ).Google Scholar
- 6.H. P. Yuen, Phys. Rev. A13, 2226 (1986).Google Scholar
- 7.R. Tanas in Coherence and Quantum Optics Vo1. 5, eds. L. Mandel and E. Wolf ( Plenum Press, New York 1984 ).Google Scholar
- 13.G. D’Ariano, M. Ràsetti and M. Vadacchino, Phys. Rev. D32, 1034 (1985); see also the present volume.Google Scholar
- 15.J. R. Klauder and B. S. Skagerstam, Coherent States: Application in Physics and Mathematical Physics, ( World Scientific, Singapore 1985 ).Google Scholar
- 17.M. Kac, Proc. Second Berkely Symp. Math. Stat. and Prob. 16.Google Scholar
- 21.E. W. Montrol and M. F. Shlesinger, in Studies in Statistical Mechanics,eds. J. L. Lebowitz and E. W. Montrol (North Holland, Amsterdam 1984) Vol. 11.Google Scholar