Generation of Number-Phase Squeezed States
Squeezed states have attracted quite a lot of attention the last few years. In such states the operators between which the quantum noise is redistributed are the quadrature components âl and â2. While squeezed states may lead to substantial improvements of the sensitivity of precision measurements, specifically in interferometry , they may not be optimal for information transmission and processing. Another type of non-classical states of the electromagnetic field are number-phase minimum uncertainty states (NUS).
KeywordsPhoton Number Parametric Amplifier Cavity Decay Rate Pump Phase Squeeze State
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Y. Yamamoto and H. A. Haus, Rev. Mod. Phys. 56, (1986)Google Scholar
- K. Igeta and Y. Yamamoto, to be published.Google Scholar
- Y. Yamamoto and N. Imoto, IEEE J. Quantum Electron. QE-22, 2032 (1986)Google Scholar
- Y. Yamamoto and S. Machida, submitted for publication.Google Scholar
- S. Machida and Y. Yamamoto, IEEE J. Quantum Electron. QE-22, 617 (1986)Google Scholar
- G. Björk and Y Yamamoto, accepted for publication in Phys. Rev. A. Google Scholar
- G. Björk and Y. Yamamoto, submitted for publication.Google Scholar