Spectral Characteristics of Semiconductor Diode Lasers
The spectral linewidth and phase noise characteristics of single-frequency semiconductor diode lasers have become quite important for application to such areas as frequency standards, fiber optical sensors, laser gyros, and optical communications. This work describes the spectral broadening mechanisms which have been observed for monolithic (GaAl)As and lead-salt diode lasers as well as the spectral characteristics of external-cavity controlled (GaAl)As diode lasers.
KeywordsDiode Laser Carrier Density Laser Field External Cavity Hole Burning
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Lax, Phys. Rev. 160, 290 (1967).Google Scholar
- 9.M. Sargent, M. O. Scully, and W. Lamb, Jr., in Laser Physics (Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, Reading, Massachusetts, 1974 ).Google Scholar
- 14.C. H. Henry, IEEE J. Quantum Electron. (to be published).Google Scholar
- 15.A. Mooradian, D. Welford, and M. W. Fleming, in Proceedings of Fifth-International Conference on Laser Spectroscopy Jasper, Canada, 1981, edited by A. R. W. McKellar, T. Oka, and B. P. Stoicheff (Springer-Verlag, 1981 ), p. 67.Google Scholar
- 19.Measurements by J. Harrison and A. Mooradian.Google Scholar
- 25.Measurements by J. Harrison and A. Mooradian.Google Scholar
- 26.P. L. Liu, L. E. Fencil, I. P. Kaminow, T. P. Lee, and C. A. Burrus, to be published in IEEE J. Quantum Electron.Google Scholar