On Exact Controllability and Convergence of Optimal Controls to Exact Controls of Parabolic Equations
The main result of this paper is the convergence of optimal controls to the exact controls of linear parabolic partial differential equations. The result is derived through a representation of the terminal state by a operator that is similar to the one used by Lions in Hilbert Uniqueness Method.
KeywordsOptimal Control Problem Terminal State Exact Controllability Approximate Controllability Linear Parabolic Equation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cao, Y., Gunzburger, M. and Turner, J., “On exact controllability of parabolic differential equations,” submitted.Google Scholar
- Egorov, Y.V. (1962), “Some problems in the theory of optimal control,” Soviet Math., Vol. 3, 1080–1084.Google Scholar
- Fattorini, H. (1966), “Control in finite time of differential equations in Banach space,” Comm. Pure Appl. Math., Vol. 19, 7–34. 82 Y. Cao, M. Gunzburger and J. Turner Google Scholar
- Friedman, A. (1960), Partial Differential Equations, Holt, Rinehart, and Winston, New York.Google Scholar
- Fursikov, A. and Imanuvilov, O. (1995), “On controllability of certain systems stimulating a fluid flow,” in Flow Control, IMA Volumes in Mathematics and Its Applications, Vol. 68, Springer-Verlag, New York, 149–184.Google Scholar
- Lions, J.L. (1981), Some Methods in the Mathematical Analysis of Systems and Their Controls, Gordon and Breach, New York.Google Scholar
- Lions, J.L. (1988), “Exact controllability, stabilization and perturbations for distributed systems,” SIAM Review, Vol. 30, 1-68.Google Scholar
- Oden, J. and Demkowicz, L. (1996), Applied Functional Analysis, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Florida.Google Scholar
- Russell, D. (1973), “A unified boundary controllability theory for hyperbolic and parabolic partial differential equations,” in Studies in Appl. Math., Vol. 52, 189–211.Google Scholar
- Russell, D. (1984), “Some remarks on numerical aspects of coefficient identification in elliptic systems,” in Optimal Control of Partial Differential Equations, Birkhäuser Verlag, Boston, 210–228.Google Scholar
- Winther, R. (1978), “Error estimates for a Galerkin approximation of a parabolic control problem,” Ann. Mat. Pura. Appl., Vol., 173–206.Google Scholar