A New Upper Bound on Codes Decodable into Size-2 Lists
A new asymptotic upper bound on the size of binary codes with the property described in the title is derived. The proof relies on the properties of the distance distribution of binary codes established in earlier related works of the authors.
KeywordsBinary Code Distance Distribution List Code Code DECODABLE Error Exponent
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- V. Blinovsky, “Bounds for codes decodable in a list of finite size”, Problems of Information Transmission, 22 (1), 1986, 11–25.Google Scholar
- P. Elias, “List decoding for noisy channels”, Rep. No. 335 Research Laboratory of Electronics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Mass. MR 20 #5702, 1957.Google Scholar
- V. I. Levenshtein, “Upper-bound estimates for fixed-weight codes”, Problemy Peredachi Informatsii,7(4), 1971, 3–12, in Russian. English translation in Probl. Inform. Trans. 7, 281–287.Google Scholar
- A. Samorodnitsky, “On the optimum of Delsarte’s linear program”, J. Combinatorial Theory, Ser. A, to appear, 1999.Google Scholar
- J. M. Wozencraft, “List decoding”, Quarterly Progr. Rep., Res. Lab. Electronics, MIT, 48, 1958, 90–95.Google Scholar