Proteum/IM 2.0: An Integrated Mutation Testing Environment
- 315 Downloads
Mutation testing has been used mostly at the unit level. To support its application few tools have been developed and used, mainly in the academic environment. Interface Mutation has been proposed aiming at applying mutation at the integration level. A tool named Proteum/IM was implemented to support such criterion. With the definition of the Interface Mutation criterion the tester has the possibility of applying mutation testing concepts throughout the software development. It seems mandatory to have a single, integrated environment that would support mutation-based unit and integration testing. Such environment, which provides facilities to investigate low-cost and incremental testing strategies, is the focus of this paper.
KeywordsSoftware Testing Mutation testing Interface Mutation Testing Tool Proteum/IM 2.0.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. T. Acree, T. A. Budd, R. A. DeMillo, R. J. Lipton, and F. G. Sayward. Mutation analysis. Technical Report GITICS-79/08, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, Sept. 1979.Google Scholar
- H. Agrawal, R. A. DeMillo, R. Hataway, W. Hsu, W. Hsu, E. Krauser, R. J. Martin, A. P. Mathur, and E. H. Spafford. Design of Mutant Operators for C Programming Language. Tech Report SERC-TR41-P, Software Engineering Research Center, Purdue University, March 1989.Google Scholar
- E. F. Barbosa, J. C. Maldonado, and A. M. R. Vincenzi. Towards the determination of sufficient mutant operators for C. In First International Workshop on Automated Program Analysis, Testing and Verification,Limerick, Ireland, June 2000. (Accepted for publication in a special issue of the Software Testing Verification and Reliability Journal).Google Scholar
- M. Carnassale. GFC — a multilanguage tool for program graph generation. Master’s thesis, DCA/FEE/UNICAMP, Campinas, SP, Feb. 1991. (in Portuguese).Google Scholar
- M. L. Chaim. Poke-tool - a tool to suport data flow based structural test of programs. Master’s thesis, DCA/FEEC/UNICAMP, Campinas, SP, Apr. 1991. (in Portuguese).Google Scholar
- S.-S. Chen. Design of a mutation testing tool for C. Department of Computer Sciences, Purdue University, Apr. 1992.Google Scholar
- M. E. Delamaro. Interface Mutation: An Interprocedural Adequace Criterion for Integration Testing. PhD thesis, Instituto de Fisica de São Carlos - Universidade de São Paulo, Sao Carlos, SP, June 1997. (in Portuguese).Google Scholar
- M. E. Delamaro and J. C. Maldonado. Proteum–a tool for the assesment of test adequacy for C programs. In Conference on Performability in Computing Systems (PCS’96), pages 79–95, Brunswick, NJ, July 1996.Google Scholar
- M. E. Delamaro, J. C. Maldonado, and A. P. Mathur. Interface mutation: An approach for integration testing. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, (accepted for publication), 2000.Google Scholar
- Z. Jin and A. J. Offut. Integration Testing Based on Software Couplings. In Proceedings of the X Annual Conference on Computer Assurance (COMPASS 95), pages 13–23, Gaithersburg, Maryland, January 1995.Google Scholar
- M. Kim. Design of a mutation testing tool for C. Department of Computer Sciences, Purdue University, Apr. 1992.Google Scholar
- J. C. Maldonado, E. E Barbosa, A. M. R. Vincenzi, and M. E. Delamaro. Evaluation N-selective mutation for C programs: Unit and integration testing. In Mutation 2000 Symposium, pages 32–44, San Jose, CA, Oct. 2000.Google Scholar
- A. P. Mathur. Performance, effectiveness and reliability issues in software testing. In 15th Annual International Computer Software and Applications Conference, pages 604605, Tokio, Japan, Sept. 1991.Google Scholar
- A. P. Mathur. Cs 406 software engineering. Course Handout, Purdue University, Fall 1992.Google Scholar
- A. J. Offutt, G. Rothermel, and C. Zapf. An experimental evaluation of selective mutation. In 15th International Conference on Software Engineering, pages 100–107, Baltimore, MD, May 1993.Google Scholar
- R. Untch, M. J. Harrold, and J. Offutt. Mutation analysis using mutant schemata. In International Symposium on Software Testing and Analysis, pages 139–148, Cambridge, Massachusetts, June 1993.Google Scholar
- A. M. R. Vincenzi, J. C. Maldonado, E. F. Barbosa, and M. E. Delamaro. Unit and integration testing strategies for C programs using mutation-based criteria. In Symposium on Mutation Testing, pages 56–67, San Jose, CA, Oct. 2000.Google Scholar
- W. E. Wong, J. C. Maldonado, M. E. Delamaro, and A. P. Mathur. Constrained Mutation in C Programs. In Proceedings of the 8th Brazilian Symposium on Software Engineering, pages 439–452, Curitiba, PR, Brazil, October 1994.Google Scholar