Energy-Efficient Downlink Power Control and Scheduling for CDMA Non-Real Time Data
The performance of CDMA systems highly depends on the success in managing interference arising from both inter-cell and intra-cell transmissions. Interference management in terms of power control has been widely studied. In this paper we consider non-real time data services, where in addition to power control, there is the possibility of scheduling intra-cell transmissions. One such schedule is to use time division so that users transmit in a one-by-one fashion within each cell. We combine this form of scheduling with a suggested distributed power control algorithm for the inter-cell interference management. We show that the algorithm converges to a power allocation that supports the non-real time data users with the minimum power while meeting requirements on average data rate.
KeywordsPower Control Power Allocation Rate Vector Power Control Algorithm Power Vector
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- E. Dahlman et al.,“WCDMA-The radio interface for future mobile multimedia communications,” IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol.,vol. VT-47, pp. 1105–1118, 1998.Google Scholar
- X. Qiu and K. Chawla, “Intra-cell interference management for fixed broadband wireless systems,” in Proc. IEEE VTC’98, pp. 914–919, 1998.Google Scholar
- M. A. Arad and A. Leon-Garcia, “Scheduled CDMA: A hybrid multiple access for wirelss ATM networks,” in Proc. PIMRC’96, pp. 913917, 1996.Google Scholar
- J.-C. Chen et al.,“Scheduling multimedia services in a low-power MAC for wireless ATM and mobile ATM networks,” IEEE Trans. on Multimedia,vol. 1, pp. 187–201, 1999.Google Scholar
- A. Bedekar et al. “Downlink scheduling in CDMA data networks,” in Proc. IEEE GLOBECOM’99, pp. 2653–2657, 1999.Google Scholar
- P. Bender et al.,“CDMA/HDR: A bandwidth-efficient high-speed wireless data service for nomadic users,” IEEE Commun. Mag.,vol. 38, no. 7, July, pp. 70–77, 2000.Google Scholar
- J. Zander, “Performance bounds for joint power control and link adaptation for NRT bearers in centralized (bunched) wireless networks,” in Proc. IEEE PIMRC’99, 1999.Google Scholar
- R. D. Yates, “A framework for uplink power control in cellular radio systems,” IEEE Journal Sel. Areas Commun., vol. SAC-13, pp. 1341–1347, 1995.Google Scholar