Minority Programs Funded by the National Institute of Mental Health
In the discussion of the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) scientific activities in education and research, I shall present an overview of the status of research, training, and accomplishments of four minority groups,* and an overview of the NIMH and of the specific research activities of the Center for Minority Groups Mental Health Program (CMGMHP).
KeywordsIncome Editing Stim
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Brown, B. S. The people and the priorities. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the National Association of Mental Health, Los Angeles, California, November 1970.Google Scholar
- Brown, B., and Ochberg, F. Key issues in developing a National Minority Mental Health Program at NIMH. In C. V. Willie et al. (Eds.), Racism and mental health. Pittsburgh: University of Pittsburgh Press, 1973. Pp. 555–573.Google Scholar
- Bryant, J. W. A survey of black American doctorates. Ford Foundation Special Project in Education, 1970.Google Scholar
- Caplan, N., and Nelson, S. D. On being useful—the nature and consequence of psychological research on social problems. American Psychologist, 1973, March 1973, pp. 199–211.Google Scholar
- National Academy of Sciences, Commission on Human Resources of the National Research Council. Minority groups among United States doctorate level scientists, engineers and scholars, 1973. Washington, D.C., December 1974.Google Scholar
- Ryan, W. Blaming the victim. New York: Pantheon, 1971.Google Scholar
- Scientific Manpower Commission. Professional manpower: A resource service of data on women and minorities. Scientific Manpower Commission, 1776 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C. 20036, 1975.Google Scholar
- U.S. Bureau of the Census. U.S. census of population 1970. DC(A)-4E, 1973a, p. 36.Google Scholar
- U.S. Bureau of the Census. U.S. census of population 1970: Persons in institutions and other group quarters, subject reports. PC(2), Table 3, 1973b.Google Scholar
- U.S. Department of Health, Education, and Welfare. Press release, November 19, 1970.Google Scholar
- U.S. Senate. Excerpts from Senate Report on Labor—HEW Appropriation Bill for FY76, 1976.Google Scholar