In a commercial sense, film and video entertainment dominate the world of audio, and yet are completely dependent on it. While motion picture sound has made steady strides over the decades, the relatively recent home theater phenomenon, driven in recent years by videotape, Laserdiscs, and the DVD, has literally redefined how most people spend their leisure time at home and, by extension, how they listen to music.
KeywordsManifold Perforation Acoustics Culmination
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Bibliography and References
- Allen, I., Technical Guidelines for Dolby Stereo Theatres, Dolby Laboratories, San Francisco (1993).Google Scholar
- Berkhout, A., “A Holographic Approach to Acoustic Control,”“J. Audio Engineering Society, volume 36, number 12 (1988).Google Scholar
- Eargle, J., Handbook of Recording Engineering, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston (2002).Google Scholar
- Eargle, J., Electroacoustical Reference Data, Kluwer Academic Publishers (1994).Google Scholar
- Eargle, J., Bonner, J., and Ross, D., “The Academy’s New State-of-the Art Loudspeaker System,” J Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers, volume 94, number 6 (1985).Google Scholar
- Eargle, J., and Means, R., “A Microcomputer Program for Determining Loudspeaker Coverage in Motion Picture Theaters.” J Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers, volume 93, number 8 (1984).Google Scholar
- Engebretson, M., and Eargle, J., “Cinema Sound Reproduction Systems,” J Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers, volume 91, number 11 (1982).Google Scholar
- Harbach, U, U., “Practical Implementation of a Data-Based Wave field Reproduction System,” Presented at 108th AES Convention, Paris (2000).Google Scholar
- Holman, T., 5.1 Surround Sound - Up and Running, Focal Press, Boston (2000).Google Scholar
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO) Bulletin No. 2969. Cinema Sound System Manual, JBL Incorporatded, Northridge, CA (2001).Google Scholar
- Various, Motion Picture Sound Engineering, D. Van Nostrand Company, New York (1938).Google Scholar