The North American Free-Trade Agreement
Still following the same pattern, this chapter will deal with the origins of the North American Free-Trade Agreement (NAFTA), its most important provisions and details of operation, concluding with an appraisal.
KeywordsMaize Europe Transportation Income Expense
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- North American Free Trade Agreement,2 vol., US Government Printing Office, 1992;Google Scholar
- Study on the operation and effect of the North American Free Trade Agreement,Office of United States Trade Representative, 1997: deals successively with the economic effects, sectoral trade, worker rights and environment.Google Scholar
- G. Hufbauer and J. Schott, NAFTA An assessment (Institute for International Economics, Washington, 1993 ), G. E. Emmerich, El Tratado de Libre Comercio. Texto y contesto ( Universitad Autonoma Metropolitana, Mexico, 1994 );Google Scholar
- S. Borner. A Brunetti and B. Weder, Political credibility and economic development ( St Martin’s Press, New York, 1995 );Google Scholar
- NAFTA as a model of development The benefits and costs of merging high-and low-wage areas (ed. R. S. Belous and J. Lemco, State Univ. of New York Press, Albany, 1995);Google Scholar
- S. W. Arndt, North American Free Trade: an assessment, Open Economies Review, January 1996;Google Scholar
- W A Orme Jr., Understanding NAFTA. Mexico, Free Trade, and the New North America ( Univ. of Texas Press, Austin, 1996 ).Google Scholar
- The extracts quoted are from: A. de Mestral and J. Winter, Dispute settlement under the Treaty of European Union and the North American Free Trade Agreement, Journal of European Integration. 1994, Nos 2–3: P. Krugman, The uncomfortable truth about NAFTA. It’s foreign policy, stupid, Foreign Affairs, Nov.-Dec. 1993;Google Scholar
- N. Garcia Canclini, North Americans or Latin Americans? The redefinition of Mexican identity and the Free Trade Agreements, in Mass media and free trade. NAFTA and the cultural industries (ed. E G Mcnany and K T Wilkinson; Univ. of Texas Press, Austin, 1996 ).Google Scholar